Friday afternoon at the Center for Sustainable Journalism, a few team members, along with Leonard and Gwenette, met up (via Skype for Gwenette) to discuss a necessary calendar of deadlines for the project. As we discussed the stories we planned to cover and measured out the amount of time we actually had to gather/write the stories, create the machinima, and to promote/produce the scheduled events, we realized that we were definitely in a time crunch. So, we brainstormed a plan for the remainder of the semester.
Below is an outline of the Journalism, Machinima, & Event Plan:
Roles are not definitive, and will likely change as we learn who is willing to take on which tasks, based on abilities and interests.
We will be working on three basic products and a project manual:
“Forgive” Poem – Stylized Machinima — Supervisor: Gwenette
- All ready to go – Need permission from The Beat Within (contact: David Inoncencio)
- Claire & Ann will secure that – get in writing that it is okay to set the poem in a virtual world environment and that we have worldwide rights to distribute that in any form and on any platform, the copyrights to the poem and any other use of the poem belong to the writer. We can provide them a contract.
- Ariel & Claire: Find a voice: First, see if the writer is willing to voice it, if not, we will have to do the voice for it. Either a student in the project, an acting student or someone with a strong professional voice. Alternative is to use several voices reading different stanzas, so we will be gathering many voices reading the poem.
- Derek, Eric & Cristina – artistic look & machinima creation
- Anyone else interested in inworld building can also help
The CT Story – Presently Incarcerated Adult Arrested When a Juvenile
- Long text story – Supervisor: Leonard Witt – First draft due Nov. 1, rewrite Nov. 15
- Ariel, Camille, Claire, Jackson, Kevin: Study documents to gather background information, research further info & interview people involved with case to write story
- The Virtual World, Machinima spin off – Supervisor: Gwenette Sinclair – Like a Story sidebar – start building it immediately – writers above feed information to inworld build team using our gDoc spreadsheets for sharing information
- Ann, Cristina, Jackson, Jourdan, Eric, Derek & whoever else wants to help
PR Events: Ariel, Kassidy, Linda
- October 07: Virtual World Class Speaker Nina Camplin
- October 07: Mixed Reality Noon Live Music Concert w/Dancing
- October 21: Virtual World Class Speaker Chantal Harvey
Novenber 18: Mixed Reality Final Project Presentation Event (Determine Campus Location ASAP)
- Decmeber 02: Mixed Reality Final Project Team Presentation Event, Media Lab of the LSU Social Science Building, 4:30-7:30pmET
Project Tool Kit Manual for Public Distribution:
- Team only responsible for suggestions and comments on draft versions. Final version will be distributed in early 2016.